Beauty Tips Using Essential Oils

Essential oils are referred to as natures first medicine. They continue to be used to help with a never ending list of health and wellness concerns. It seems that every since I conceived my daughter, I have been trying to make healthier choices by being more aware of what we eat and drink, to what we use to clean our home. Essential oils just seem to fit into maintaining a more health conscientious lifestyle. Being a makeup artist, when I discovered the beauty benefits that essential oils can give, well, they just had me at hello.

Here is a list of some beauty tips and tricks using essential oils that I have learned from my colleagues:

Thinning Hair- 1 drop of lavender and cedar wood oil per ounce of shampoo
Sunscreen- 25 drops of carrot seed oil per 1/4 cup of coconut oil
Sunburn Soother-add a few drops of lavender oil to coconut oil
Treat Breakouts-add a drop of tree tree oil to your toner and apply to blemish
Eyelash Growth-1 drop of lavender and cedar wood oil to mascara tube
Eczema-1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup beeswax, 10-15 drops of lavender oil
Lip Exfoliator- 1cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup coconut oil, 4 drops of lavender, 8 drops of lemongrass
Face Exfoliator-add a drop of lemon oil to facial cleanser to slough off dead skin cells


 





Always do your research when using essential oils. Some helpful hints to keep in mind are as follows:
Citrus oils cause you to be more sun sensitive so use at night and apply your sunscreen during the day.
Most essential oils cannot be applied directly to the skin. They must be used with a carrier oil such as olive, grapeseed, or coconut oils.
Always use glass bottles or jars to store any mixtures as they keep the product more stable and will prevent toxins from leaching into your products.

Not all essential oils are created equal. I recommend Young Living Essential Oils as they control every aspect of what goes into each bottle, referred to as the "Seed to Seal" guarantee. You can be
confident that each bottle is 100% pure. If you have any specific questions regarding how to order any YL products, please reach out to me.

I love store bought beauty products just as much as the next girl, but it has been so much fun creating new concoctions in the comfort of my home. I hope that you have as much fun playing chemist as I have.

Here's my disclaimer...Always do your research in regard to any specific questions you may have regarding essential oils. Consult your physician especially if you have a medical condition or want to know about any possible medication interactions.





Comments

Popular Posts